|LG Optimus Black P970 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
LG Optimus Black is nominated as a best phone under price range of Rs 20000 (Approx. US $364) by Right Choice magazine. So saying that you are a wise person if you had bought this phone won’t be a wrong statement. But the phone works at its best at its own stock ROM. So if you have flashed your phone with custom ROM and not satisfied with it or bricked the phone, you can re-flash it with your official ROM back. In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to flash or unbrick LG Optimus Black P970 with stock ROM.
Before we proceed, you need to download required softwares which are:
- Download ROM. If the link is not working, simply search for ‘patched_bin_lgp970_v20o_mar_03_2012_by_snegovik.7z’ file.
- Download this Tool. If this link is not working, simply search for ‘SmartFlashTool_External.rar’ file.
Note: This tutorial is tested (actually more then tested. We flash our phone every alternate month using this method) on our phone which is bought from India. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone during this method (although, there won't be any damage if you follow all the steps properly as instructed). Do it at your own risk.
If you have downloaded the above files, you are set to go.
- Check if your phone drivers are working properly.
- Extract both
- Once you have extracted the files, search for 'B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe' and run it.
- Now remove phone's battery, click and hold 'Volume up' button plug in the USB and connect the phone to computer, and 'power on' the phone. Hold the 'Vol up' and 'Power on' button until s/w update mode shows up.
- In 'B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe', go to 'ROM copy D/L' tab and see if the 'Normal mode' is selected and 'COM Port' below is showing a number, say COMX.
- Click on 'CP bin' browse button and select 'V20O_DEU.fls' file you extracted.
- Click on 'AP bin' browse button and select '[PATCHED]V20O_DEU' file you extracted.
- Click start button and wait until the software indicates for 'Download complete!'.
Once the tool has indicated that 'Download complete!', your phone is flashed with official Gingerbread 2.3 ROM and ready to use.
Note: The method to unbrick the phone is same.
Thanks to Pritam Pathare and XDA Dev who made this post possible.For direct support, you can mail Pritam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More at HowLog: How to Root Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GT-S5570